Parish of St Matthew the Apostle,
Douglas, Isle of Man
The history of our church began on 21st September 1708 when Bishop Wilson dedicated the new chapel of ease in Braddan Parish. So in 2008 we celebrated both a centenary of our present building and the tercentenary of the consecration of old St Matthew's. Several pages on this website are dedicated to specific elements of our history. Please follow the links below to read more.